You are likely to sweat a lot when you practice yoga, especially the energetic style. And the sweat drops drip onto your mat; it leads to bacterial growth and unwanted smell. How To Clean Yoga Mats? It is very important to wipe down your yoga mat briefly after every practice and give it a deep clean every month. Cleaning the buildup of dirt and sweat on your mat keeps your mat grippy and extends its life. But How To Clean yoga mats? To avoid germs and nasty mat smells, properly clean your rug regularly.
If you sweat a lot in yoga practice, it causes odor, and cleaning is more important. Depending on the intensity of your sessions, you can go a week before your mat needs a good wipe-down. It is independent of how often you use your non-toxic yoga mat; it will get dirty, sweaty, and possibly stinky with use. If you are washing your mat regularly and keeping up with daily maintenance, you can also increase the life of your yoga mat and continue to enjoy a clean and slip-free practice.
How to clean your yoga mats?
Yoga is the best exercise for good health, like other sports and exercises, and you have to choose yoga gear with care, such as yoga mats, yoga pants, yoga bras, and so on. Cleaning dirt and grime off your mat, put a few drops of dish soap in a spray bottle with warm water, and shake to combine your mat. Different yoga mats are washed a bit differently, such as closed-cell mats are thinner and water-resistant and do not soak in liquid quickly.
While thicker yoga mats have open-cell manufacturing, so they can soak up more liquid and retain more bacteria, Wipe down your yoga mat briefly after every yoga practice with a mat cleaner or a homemade cleaning solution. Some mats can be washed in a front-loading machine, but other devices will break down.
Ways of cleaning
It is the best idea to wipe down your mat after every practice, whether a thick or thin mat. You can use a DIY yoga mat cleaner for regular cleaning. So you can bring a bottle of cleaner and a clean towel to your practice.
Spray the cleaner on your towel, then use round motions to clean the interior surface of your yoga mat. But Before buying your mat cleaner, carefully check your mat’s care instructions.
Clean a thick yoga mat:
Mix warm water in the bathtub and put a few drops of dish soap in a bowl. Dip the mat into the soapy water, then clean the mat from top and bottom, prioritizing dirty spots, with a round motion. Rub the mat clean with a towel and air dry for at least 30 minutes.
Best Yoga Mat Cleaner
You know, sometimes you have to clean your mat when you see more dirt and grime on it, which looks for discolored, dirty spots. Fill your bathtub with warm water, and a thumb is one tablespoon of dish soap for every gallon of water. Then submerge your mat in it for ten minutes. Yogis who frequently practice in heated rooms can also want to clean their mats deep more often.
Steps of cleaning yoga mat
How To Clean Yoga Mats? we will tell you some important steps:-
- Put some water and mat cleaner in the bathtub, and mix it with your hand.
- Sock your mat in it and rub the dirty spots in a circular motion with your hands.
- Rinse the soap off the mat with a bucket. It can take several rounds to ensure all the soap is completely drained away. When the water is running clean, it is done.
- Dry the top surface of your mat with a towel. When most of the moisture is absorbed, lay out your mat in a flat place, and roll them up together. Do not wring the mat out; that can easily tear and damage the mat.
Tips for how to clean yoga mats?
Do not keep them in direct sunlight. They can fade and become tears.
- Keep away from harsh cleaners and solvents.
- Allow your mat to fully dry before rolling it up.
- For odors and absorb oils from a less-than-grippy mat, you can use baking soda, sprinkle it, and rub. Let sit for 15 to 30 minutes, then brush the excess.
- Dry and store your yoga mat
- Before rolling up, ensure the yoga mat is completely dry because the damp mat is a breeding ground for bacteria. To dry completely, hang your mat over a porch railing. Please do not put it in the dryer. When the mat is dry, roll it up tightly and store it with good ventilation.